The 4-H Fashion Storyboard is an industry-inspired method of displaying original designs. The best storyboards create vivid visual images that are interesting and appealing to viewers. The storyboard “tells the story” of the designer’s idea. The storyboard includes original illustrations and flats, as well as additional materials (such as photos from the Internet or magazines, paper, fabric swatches, patterns, etc.) that have influenced the unique design.
The purpose of the Fashion Storyboard contest is to give 4-H members an opportunity to create a storyboard of their original design. It also provides the members an opportunity to gain knowledge of the career responsibilities of a fashion designer and illustrator, enhance creativity and originality, and develop visual communication skills. 4-H members must submit a storyboard on the day of the contest that provides a solution to the following design brief.
|Accessory||Includes items such as belts, purses, bags, hats, etc.|
|Jewelry||Includes necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings.|
|Non-wearable||Includes items such as pillows, organizers, holiday items, stuffed animals, items for the home, etc.|
|Pet Clothing||Includes items that can be worn by a pet or any other animal.|
|Wearable||Clothing that can be worn. Includes items such as pants, shorts, skirts, blouses, sweaters, coats, dresses, etc.|
2014-2015 Design Brief
Inspired by Art
Create a fashion piece inspired by art. Sculpture, painting, taxidermy…or any other visual art can spark your imagination and creativity! It might be the merging of colors and textures, eccentric imagery or just its simplicity that inspires you. Inspiration comes from great works of art as well as little known artists. Whatever art piece makes you stop and look twice can be used as inspiration.
- 2015 4-H Fashion Storyboard General Rules & Guidelines – PDF
- 4-H Fashion Storyboard Label – PDF
- Helpful Hints for Creating a Fashion Storyboard – PDF
- 4-H Fashion Storyboard Score Sheet – PDF
- Design Inspiration – PDF
- Elements & Principles of Design – PDF
- Presentation Boards – PDF
- Introduction to Storyboard – PDF
- Fashion Storyboard – PDF
- YEA 4-H! Clothing & Textiles Lessons – PDF Part 1 | PDF Part2 | PDF Part 3
- Unraveling the Mystery of Design Elements and Principles – PDF
- Color – PDF
- Design: Exploring the Elements & Principles – PDF