LOOK FOR INFO TO BE POSTED ON THE NEXT CHILI COOK-OFF 2019
1st Annual Williamson County Extension Chili Cook-Off
February 16, 2018
The Rules and Regulations for the Williamson County Extension Chili Cook Off are as follows:
- Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats, various spices and other ingredients. Teams/individuals will be allowed (1) entry. Beans are allowed. You may enter meatless, bean-less, vegetarian, chicken or turkey chili. Sausage either fresh or smoked is acceptable.
- Chili will be prepared ahead of time and brought to “turn-in” already cooked. No cooking will be done onsite at Extension Office. No ingredient may be pre-cooked. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, canned seasoned tomatoes, canned beans, peppers, pepper sauce, broth and grinding and/or mixing of spices.
- Please list all ingredients in your chili on an index card and tape it next to your entry. If you are using any “sensitive” ingredients such as alcohol, MSG or nut based oils (such as peanut oil) which may cause allergic or other reactions, you must post a sign on your table identifying this ingredient. if you consider your Chili to be hot and/or spicy, please identify it on a sign.
- Contestant will need to prepare at least 2 gallons of Chili and will need to be kept at proper temperature.
- Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own heat source, cooking utensils, etc. ELECTRICITY WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PLUG IN SLOW COOKERS!
- Judges will be told that they should vote for the chili based on the following major considerations: good chili flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
- Contestants will be assigned a number at check in which will be known only to contestant and person/persons accepting chili entries.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places chili. There are no set categories or age divisions. The top three are determined by comparing all entries. We will also award a “People’s Choice” that will be determined by the public samplers.
TIMES- Entries will be accepted from 8am-11am on February 16, 2018. Judging begins at 11:30am and concludes by 1pm. Awards will be announce around 2pm.
Deadline to enter the chili cook off is at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 12, 2018.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON
All questions call 512-943-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org