SCHOLARSHIP INFO FOR 2023-2024 School Year WILL BE UPDATED AS THEY COME IN:
The scholarships below have not yet been updated, but have been left up for informational purposes
2023 District 8 TAE4-HYDP Scholarship
- Due May 18, 2023
- District 8 4-H members who do not receive a 4-H Foundation Scholarship are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee. All decisions are final.
- Applications must be complete in order to be accepted.
- This scholarship is available to 4-H members who plan to attend college, university, or technical school in Texas OR out-of-state.
- Please make sure to upload your official transcript & 2 letters of recommendation (letters should be uploaded as one document).
2023 Williamson County Fair and Rodeo Scholarship
Deadline: Applications must be postmarked or emailed by May 12, 2023
2023 Williamson County 4-H Adult Leaders Association Scholarship –
DUE to CEO in manila envelope: May 1, 2023 by 4:00 pm
Four scholarships will be awarded in the following amounts: one at $1,100, one at $900, and two at $500.
NEW this year: there will be an interview required for this scholarship, taking place on May 11. Scholarships will be awarded based on the application score AND the interview score.
The intent of Adult Leaders is to award scholarships to the top four outstanding Williamson County 4-H members who have not only demonstrated a varied 4-H career, including project work, leadership, and community service, but have also excelled beyond their club activities. Applicants should demonstrate their 4-H leadership and project work within the community, county, district, state and national level if applicable. Applications will be judged by a team of adult leaders, none of whom can be a parent of an applicant.
The Williamson County Master Gardener Association Scholarship 2023
Application due date: April 21, 2023 (in person or postmarked date)
This scholarship is for high school seniors who have been involved in 4-H for at least three years, have shown leadership and personal development, plan to attend a college, university or technical school. Applications are submitted to your county AgriLife Extension office.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANT
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be an active member and enrolled in 4-H for a minimum of 3 years.
- Be a current member of Williamson County 4-H for their senior year of high school.
- Be a graduate of high school in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Intend to enroll full-time in a college, university, or technical school in the Fall of 2023.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from 4-H leader, community or school leader.
- Submit the completed application and attachments by April 21, 2023 (postmarked date).
The Show Team Supporters
Application due (postmarked) no later than March 24, 2023.
The Show Team Supporters (TSTS) is excited to announce that we have two $1,000 scholarships available to eligible high school seniors again this year. The scholarship recipients may utilize these funds for expenses surrounding any education beyond high school (i.e., trade school, community college, university, etc.) There are two (2) criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a graduating senior.
- The applicant must be an active member of one of the following organizations for at least this school and the previous school year -o East View FFAo Georgetown FFAo Georgetown 4-Ho Williamson County 4-H
- Please note that while our organization is associated with students that show livestock, that is NOT a requirement for eligibility of the scholarship.
The Texas Extension Education Association Scholarship 2023
Application due date: February 17, 2023
This scholarship is for high school seniors who have been involved in 4-H for four years, have shown leadership and personal development, plan to get a college or vocational degree, and have not passed their 19th birthday by January 1 of the current application year. Applications are submitted to your county AgriLife Extension office.
- Envelope labeled with the applicant’s name and county.
- Only a black and white copy of Texas 4-H Recordbook from the previous year’s Texas 4-H Recordbook judging deadline of August 31 accepted.
- Official high school transcript with ACT and/or SAT scores included.
- Completed TEEA 4-H Scholarship Application.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a county Extension agent or 4-H club manager and one from a teacher, employer, or community leader (not a relative).
Taylor Rodeo Association Scholarship
Application Deadline (postmarked) March 17, 2023
Scholarship winners will be announced in May. A presentation will be given to all winning applicants at the 2023 Taylor Rodeo.
2023 Lone Star Ag Credit Scholarship
Applications must be postmarked by March 17, 2023
Lone Star Ag Credit will award (6) $2,500 scholarships to graduating seniors in 2023. In addition, a $500 donation will be given to each winner’s FFA chapter or 4-H Club!
Applicants must be graduating in the spring of 2023 and submit an application.
2022-2023 WCLA Scholarship
The Williamson County Livestock Association offers various scholarships each year to graduating seniors. The guidelines and scholarship application can be found on the WCLA website. Applications must be postmarked by March 22, 2023
2023 Texas Farm Bureau Scholarship
There are several High School scholarship opportunities provided by Texas Farm Bureau (TFB).
The three available scholarships are for high school students who have not yet graduated: TFB Memorial/Honorary District Scholarship. Four (4) scholarships awarded per TFB District. TFB Young Farmer & Rancher Scholarship for High School Students. One (1) scholarship awarded per TFB District. TFB Dick Mitchell Memorial Scholarship. One (1) scholarship awarded.
Please Note: Each scholarship has a unique set of eligibility requirements. Click here for more information and to apply.
Application deadline is online by March 15, 2023
The Jason Krueger Memorial
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN APRIL 20, 2023
1. Must be an active 4-H or FFA member
2. Must be a SENIOR in High School
3. Must have exhibited a steer in Texas Steer Shows
2023 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship
Texas 4-H Youth Development Program Opportunity Scholarships are academic scholarships awarded each year to applicants based on their academic record, 4-H experience, and financial need (for scholarships for which it is a required criterion). The Texas 4-H Youth Development Opportunity Scholarship Program is conducted by the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation. All applications must be submitted through the applicant’s county Extension office and meet all criteria to be considered. See the links below for more information.
Here is the 2023 scholarship timeline:
Application Opens: November 1, 2022
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
How to apply: Go to the texas4hfoundation.org website and click “Scholarships” then select the type of scholarship you are interested in (i.e. Baccalaureate, Technical, Courageous Heart or Collegiate). There will be an “Apply” button on each of the pages that will take you to the new Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship Portal. You will then create a profile. Additional instructions on how to apply are available on each of the scholarship pages.
Interview Notifications: April 2023
Interviews: April 28 – 30, 2023
Award notifications: May 2023
Texas 4-H Roundup Scholarship Banquets: June 6 – 8, 2023
2022 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarships
HLSR offers several scholarships that you can apply for through their website – these are independent from the HLSR Scholarships given through the Texas 4-H Opportunity application. The link to the application and scholarship guidelines can be found on the HLSR Scholarship page. Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
- Exhibitor Scholarship – awarded to outstanding exhibitors in one of the eligible HLSR shows. Students must exhibit in the 2023 show to be eligible.
- Hildebrand Scholarship – awarded to an exhibitor in the HLSR Junior Market Lamb Show.
- More available on the HLSR website
2023 Blackland Income Growth Scholarship
Below you will find the guidelines and application for the 2023 Blackland Income Growth Scholarship. Applications must be received by Friday, November 11, 2022 (postmarked deadline) and mailed to the District 8 office in Stephenville.
- There will be ten (10) Blackland Income Growth scholarships awarded for the amount of $1000 each.
- There will be one (1) Scott Felton Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded in the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agribusiness. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- There will be one (1) Ronald C. Woolley Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded in the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agriculture. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- The same application will be used for all scholarships.
- Recipients will only be eligible to receive one of the above mentioned BIG scholarships.
Please review the first two pages of the guidelines for the specific eligibility requirements and dates. The recipients must attend the BIG Conference on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at the Extraco Events Center in Waco to receive the scholarship award.
The guidelines and application are below and are posted on the BIG page soon at the following link: https://agrilife.org/d84h/scholarships/